The Mining Museum

700 Years of Mining- The Mining Museum

The mining museum was constructed and furnished in the years 1995/96 and is dedicated to lead and zinc mining as well as metallurgy in the Bleiberg valley and to the associated industries.  
The exhibits include many interesting documents as well as mining tools, from the simple hammer and chisel to drilling equipment. In the boom years of mining here up to 1500 miners and administrators worked in mining in Bleiberg. The preconditions for their subterranean work were light, fresh air and strict safety measures.  
And last but not least, a true historical treasure is exhibited here in the museum: The oldest miner’s flag in the world.

Go to top